Trying to get the most bang for your buck during your bathroom remodel? You’re not alone, it’s a concern facing many homeowners during the planning phase of renovations. Our best advice? Choose features that give you a return on your investment. Items with an aesthetic and practical appeal both improve the look and add value to your space. Create a bathroom that is as beautiful as it is functional with these can’t-pass-up selling points:
- Storage: It’s one of the biggest selling factors for homes. Even in the bathroom. Maximize storage by adding or upgrading cabinets and closets. If you’re concerned your bathroom is too small, don’t worry. There are always new techniques to store and hide belongings, even in typically tight spaces. Find inspiration by browsing your design blogs and websites, and collaborating with your contractor. Together, you will pinpoint the most realistic and budget-friendly way to create storage space.
- Tile accents: Tile isn’t exclusive to floors. Adding a tile accent wall brings elegance to your bathroom. Other options include a tile backsplash above your sink or adding tiled-inlay to your shower for a spa-like effect.
- Windows and skylights: Installing new windows updates the look of your space and makes it seem larger. If you have limited wall space, a skylight offering both ventilation and added natural light is a rare commodity.
- Accessibility Features: Enjoy your time in the shower and make it accessible to older homeowners and senior citizens with in-shower seating. This feature creates a spa-like effect and a safe place to sit. Add handrails next to the toilet or a walk-in bathtub to make your bathroom fully accessible.
- Bathtubs and whirlpools: A bathtub offers more than practicality, they are also design pieces. Whether you go with a freestanding tub or a tub-and-shower combination, there are plenty of styles to choose from. To add a lavish statement, opt for a whirlpool bathtub.
- Radiant heat flooring: It’s tough getting out of a warm shower in the middle of winter knowing a cold floor awaits. Bring ultimate comfort into your bathroom with heated floors from a radiant-heat system. Typically, these systems work well under ceramic tile and stone floorings. Want to take it one step further? Install a towel warming rack or a self defogging mirror.
- Water and Energy Efficiency: If efficiency important in your region, these beneficial improvements that really stand out and modernize your home. There are plenty of ways to reduce water waste. Installing low-flow toilets is an easy go-to while a greywater system adds a truly sustainable wow-factor. Install energy-efficient light bulbs and dimmers to cut back on electricity usage.
Enlisting the correct help is crucial in planning your bathroom remodel. You want a contractor who works with your vision and offers their professional help choosing the best investments for your budget. Detailed Interiors does just that. Browse our website for examples of our work or contact us today for more information on how we can help.